Sous-vide Teriyaki Chicken
This produces the most flavoursome, juiciest and succulent chicken. My mouth is still watering.
The recipe doesn’t involve much ‘working’ time, but it takes about 3 hours total start to finish. The brining process increases the water and salt content of the chicken through osmosis and denatures the proteins, trapping more water during the cooking process.
- 540g Chicken Breast (3 breasts)
- 500ml water mixed
- 40g salt (8% brine - dissolve in batches of hot water)
- 20g sugar
- Dissolve the salt in the water in batches of hot water.
- Brine chicken breasts for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Rinse with cold water and dry well.
- 30 mins before brining is up, preheat sous-vide cooker with 1l water to 63.3C (146F).
- Add chicken to bag with some butter, and remove air using immersion method.
- Cook for 1-2 hours.
- 3 tbsp black (Chinese) vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- Combine ingredients and reduce in pan until sticky.
- Season with pepper, and brown outside on very hot saute pan (~280C).
- Slice chicken, place on salad and drizzle over sauce. Serve.